OVI members share their expertise in these pamphlet-length essays. Click on the title to get a pdf.
- This honest and thorough look at the challenges and rewards of managing your volunteer opera support group is written by long time volunteer advocate and activist, Don Dagenais. Don’s understanding of volunteering for opera stems from a broad base of experience ranging from serving as president of the Lyric Opera of Kansas City to giving preview lectures.
- In this comprehensive booklet on the subject, you’ll learn why, when and how to formalize a volunteer opera support group. The booklet’s author is Don Dagenais, a longtime opera activist who has written about and consulted on opera volunteer matters. He has served as president of OVI and Lyric Opera of Kansas City and its guild.
- Written by Patte Comstock, whose experience in retailing has helped make Houston Opera’s boutique an important revenue source for the Guild, the booklet is packed with practical advice. Patte shares her expertise in this series of articles that can help improve the look – and the bottom line – of your volunteer-run shop.
These pamphlets feature collections of award-winning Projects of Special Merit. Click on the title to get a pdf.
- A collection of projects from groups supporting companies large and small.
- OVI’s collection of award-winning, volunteer-led projects to educate and stimulate have been assembled to inspire future education efforts.