The Erwin H. Johnson Memorial Fund, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation supporting and promoting opera in Western New York and especially the idea of a dedicated performing arts space for opera and ballet. Our organization, established in 1988, commits a significant amount of donations received to our established endowment fund and to grants for opera- related projects and education, especially for the youth, in Buffalo and the Niagara region.
As continuing advocates of opera, our work includes:
· Performances in the form of children's tickets
· Annual scholarship for a nominated young vocalist from a local studio to continue vocal lessons
· Material support to local musical organizations
· Opera outreach programs for children and seniors
· Offering three concerts each year to the community
· Coordinating and promoting National Opera Week in Buffalo/Niagara
We are also proud of EHJ Memorial Fund, Inc.’s, Singing it Forward outreach program, created especially for children to bring classical, operatic, and musical education to WNY schools throughout the year. It has been so successful, that an adult version is now available for the community.
Dr. Anastasia Johnson is president.